Pupils will learn the basic skills, techniques, and rules of badminton under the supervision of a coach. Emphasis will be on fun, participation, etiquette, and hand/eye coordination.
Head Coach: Ms YAO Fen (姚芬)
Coach of Singapore National Teams for more than seven years (1994 – 2001)
Champion of 15 Major International Badminton Competitions, including
- British Masters
- German Open
- World Cup (2 times)
- Grand Prix Final (2 times)
- UBER CUP (2 times)
- Asian Games
1992 Olympic Games: Bronze medallist
- Coach of Henry Park Primary School since 2001
- Coach of Raffles Girls’ School since 2001
Targeted Coach-to-Student ratio is 1 to 10 so that pupils can have a balance of fun, exposure and training to build a good foundation for potential advancement. Outstanding graduates from the program MAY have the opportunity to be selected for the School Training Teams and the School Teams in the future.
Training sessions will are on Saturdays. There are 2 sessions
Saturday 8am-10am – selected P1s & P2s only (see below section on P1 trials)
Saturday 10am-12pm – all levels including recreational players who are looking for instruction to improve
The trainings has a cost of $370 for a term of eighteen (18) 2-hour lessons (includes $10 HPPA admin fees)
At the end of every year, HPPA works with the school to organize trials to select talented P1s. Selected P1s will be invited to join a special training every Saturday at 8am-10am at the HPPS Indoor Sports Hall. This training will be conducted by the school coach with her team of instructors with the purpose of grooming talent for future school teams. It does not guarantee that the child will make the school team, but starting earlier would definitely put the child in a better position to do so.
Terms & Conditions
- There are limited places available. Therefore, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Pupils whose parents volunteer their help stand a better chance of being accepted.
- Strictly no refund will be given for accepted participants. Pupils satisfying the prevailing School’s CCA attendance requirements will have their record recognized in their school report books.
Ng Shih Chuan
As this is managed by our kind parent volunteers who are also managing their career and family, please allow them to get back around 3 days time.
If you don’t hear from them you can also email to firstname.lastname@example.org